1) Thank god college football starts this week...I'm not sure how much more Mariners baseball I can take this year.
2) This past Saturday, Go Between won the G1-Pacific Classic at Del Mar, which means that he will have to be considered one of the favorites for the Breeders' Cup Classic at Oak Tree. Go Between is a G3/G2 horse at best on grass and much less on traditional dirt. On the synthetics, however, he's turned into a top performer.
3) The Wayne Catalno trained Lewis Michael romped home in the Pat O'Brien, and in doing so continued to show that he is a devastating sprinter/miler on synthetic surfaces. He's one to watch in the Breeders' Cup Sprint and/or Dirt Mile (Synthetic...non-Turf...whatever we call it this year) Divisions.
4) Seattle had about six weeks of true summer weather this year. Nice.
5) My college football picks for this weekend:
Oregon (-14) over Washington (Oregon 44-10; WIN)
Oklahoma State (-7) over Washington State (OSU 39-13; WIN)
Michigan State (+5) over Cal (Cal 38-31; LOSS)
Kentucky (+3.5) over Louisville (Kentucky 27-2; WIN)
Illinois (+9) over Missouri (Missouri 52-42; LOSS)