The Fair Grounds kicks off their 2012 graded stakes program for three-year-old colts with this Saturday's Grade 3 Lecomte Stakes at a mile and seventy yards on the main track. (Post time: 4:55 Central; TV: HRTV) The Lecomte is the first of two local graded stakes (Risen Star Stakes) on the path to the $1 million Grade 2 Louisiana Derby. This year's Lecomte drew a large field of thirteen horses, led by Exfactor, a recent winner of the ungraded Sugar Bowl at the Fair Grounds in December, and the winner of the G3-Bashford Manor at Churchill Downs last July.
Among the other contenders in the Lecomte:
- Undefeated Capetown Devil, who has won races at Keeneland, Churchill and the Fair Grounds over the last three months.
- Shared Property, winner of the G3-Arlington-Washington Futurity last September and sixth in the G1-Breeders' Futurity at Keeneland in early October.
- Hammers Terry, a winner at Keeneland last October when breaking his maiden, followed by a two-turn score at the Fair Grounds on Dec. 8th in an OC $50k/N1X event.
- Seven Lively Sins, second by three-quarter of a length to Motor City in the G2-Iroquois on Oct. 30th and fourth in the G3-Delta Jackpot on Nov. 19th.
- Mr. Bowling, third in the G3-Iroquois at Churchill following an easy win in the ungraded Dover Stakes at Delaware on Oct. 8th.
Saturday's Fair Grounds card will also feature the F.W. Gaudin Memorial Stakes, the Silverbulletday Stakes, the G3-Colonel E.R. Bradley Handicap on the lawn, and the Louisiana Handicap.
Below are the entries and post positions for Saturday's Lecomte. The morning line odds will follow, when released.
|1||Adena's Chance||M. St. Julien||G. Dorochenko||20/1|
|2||Ted's Folly||J. Medina||W. Brown||10/1|
|3||Mr. Bowling||R. Albarado||J. Jones||8/1|
|4||Exfactor||S. Bridgmohan||B. Flint||5/1|
|5||Dan and Sheila||J. Velazquez||T. Pletcher||6/1|
|6||Z Dager||S. Sellers||S. Asmussen||6/1|
|7||Seven Lively Sins||R. Napravnik||A. Stall, Jr.||9/2|
|8||Alexander Thegreat||J. Jacinto||B. Barnett||30/1|
|9||Hammers Terror||J. Graham||M. Stidham||6/1|
|10||Hero of Order||I. Diego||G. Dorochenko||20/1|
|11||Chalybeate Springs||B. Hernandez, Jr.||D. Lukas||20/1|
|12||Capetown Devil||C. Lanerie||D. Carroll||6/1|
|13||Shared Property||L. Goncalves||T. Amoss||4/1|