2012 Belmont Stakes: It's Handicapping Time!

There is nothing better than sitting alone while reading your Form.

The anticipation is building for Saturday's Belmont Stakes, with time winding down to get our handicapping house in order. A couple of items to take note of over the next couple of days at this site and SB Nation.

  • We've got a 2012 Belmont Stakes StoryStream going over at the mothership, where I've contributed several posts. Yesterday, I did a feature on the 11 Triple Crown winners (The Triple Crown: From Sir Barton to Affirmed), and sometime today there will be a piece I wrote on the Triple Crown failures since 1978. Be sure to check those out if you're dying to read more Belmont coverage.
  • I'm going to be on TribLive Radio - Sports Talk Radio Pittsburgh at 2:00pm Eastern on Friday afternoon to discuss Saturday's Belmont Stakes. You can listen live at sportstalk.triblive.com.
  • The weather forecast for Belmont Park is looking pretty good right now, with sunny/partly cloudy skies and temperatures around 80 expected on Saturday. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms throughout the afternoon and evening on Friday and Saturday, so let's hope for that 70%.

I'll have my head deep in past performances for much of the rest of this afternoon and tonight; I'll have a Belmont Stakes Day Preview tomorrow taking a look at all of Saturday's undercard.

Happy Handicapping!

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join And Down The Stretch They Come

You must be a member of And Down The Stretch They Come to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at And Down The Stretch They Come. You should read them.

Join And Down The Stretch They Come

You must be a member of And Down The Stretch They Come to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at And Down The Stretch They Come. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.