Overanalyze makes his 2013 debut in the Grade 3 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct on Saturday, March 2.
Overanalyze, winner of the G2-Futurity and the G2-Remsen during his juvenile campaign, leads a field of 12 horses (and 11 betting interests) in Saturday's Grade 3 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct. (Post Time: 5:02pm ET; TV: HRTV & TVG). The Gotham is the final local prep race before the Grade 1 Wood Memorial on April 6.
Among the horses joining Overanalzye in the Gotham are:
- Vyjack - The undefeated winner of the G2-Jerome at Aqueduct on Jan. 5.
- Siete de Oros - Second in the Jerome and 3rd in the G3-Withers on Feb. 2.
- Now and Then - A recent maiden breaker for Darley Stable at the Big A and coupled with stable mate Transparent.
- Amerigo Vespucci - Fourth in the Withers and third in the Jerome.
- Escapefromreality - Second by a neck to Revolutionary in the Withers.
- Ore Pass - winner of the ungraded Frank Whitely Stakes at Laurel back on Jan. 19.
Below are the entries and post positions for Saturday's Gotham Stakes.
Morning line odds will be updated when released. I'll have more on the Gotham later on in the week.
|1||5||Transparent||I. Ortiz||K. McLaughlin||8/1|
|1a||6||Now and Then||J. Alvarado||K. McLaughlin||8/1|
|2||1||Champion Boy||E. Castro||J. Guerrero||30/1|
|3||2||Escapefromreality||D. Cohen||D. Schettino||6/1|
|4||3||Ore Pass||J. Pimentel||M. Trombetta||12/1|
|5||4||Amerigo Vespucci||E. Rodriguez||T. Tullock, Jr.||20/1|
|6||7||Siete de Oros||A. Arroyo||R. Precaido||15/1|
|7||8||Vyjack||J. Rosario||R. Rodriguez||3/1|
|8||9||Elnaawi||C. Hill||K. McLaughlin||8/1|
|9||10||Sky Captain||M. Mena||M .Casse||8/1|
|10||11||West Hills Giant||J. Espinoza||J. Terranova||20/1|
|11||12||Overanalye||J. Velazquez||T. Pletcher||5/2|