Hello, Santa Anita main track speed bias. So nice to see you after a year. How have you been?
Taking horse players money, as usual? How nice for you.
Please go away.
No, I'm not kidding.
So, the main track at Santa Anita is as biased as it was for last year's Breeders' Cup, if not more. But, at this point, we all know it. Personally, I have two feelings on the issue:
1) It sucks because we handicap for these races for weeks and then it turns out all you need to do is gun a horse to the front to win, which makes betting races like the Sprint and absolute nightmare (cause I can't pick a winner in that race to begin with).
2) If we go into Breeders' Cup Saturday and bet a bunch of closers on the main track we deserve to lose our money.
The bias is clear as day. And even though it's typically not THIS BAD, Santa Anita almost always plays well to horses on the lead, even through very fast fractions. At this point, we can either not bet or try and play horses that should love the bias.
This is your Friday night/Saturday morning open thread to handicap, commiserate, bitch, or discuss what kind of adult beverages your throwing down tonight. [Feels like a bourbon night for me]
More from And Down The Stretch They Come:
- 2013 Breeders' Cup Distaff Results: Beholder and Stevens come up big at Santa Anita
- 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf Results: Chriselliam dominates her rivals
- 2013 Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile Results: Goldencents gate to wire
- 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Results: Outstrip closes hard for the win
- 2013 Breeders' Cup Marathon Results: London Bridge stays the trip