Uncaptured, second in the G3-Sprial Stakes in his first start of 2013 and a winner of two graded stakes races at Churchill Downs last fall, leads a field of 14 horses (and one Alternate Entry) in Saturday's Grade 1 Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland (Post Time: 5:40 pm Eastern; TV: NBC). A son of Lion Heart out of the Arch mare, Captivating, Uncaptured is not stranger to synthetic surfaces after posting four wins over Woodbine's main track last summer and fall.
Among the colts joining Uncaptured in the Blue Grass are:
- Rydilluc: Winner of the G3-Palm Beach on the lawn at Gulfstream in his last start and a winner of three races in four lifetime starts.
- Tesseron: A 50/1 shot on the morning line but a colt that won a couple of races at Woodbine last fall over synthetics but has been placed on turf and dirt in his last two starts.
- Undrafted: A Wesley Ward trainee that broke his maiden during the 2012 Keeneland Fall Meet and has ran third in a trio of sprint stakes down at Gulfstream this winter.
- Java's War: A strong second place finisher to Verrazano in the G2-Tampa Bay Derby in early March and a third place finisher in the G1-Breeders' Futurity at Keeneland last fall.
- Footbridge: A recent maiden winner at Santa Ania who will be making his first start on a synthetic surface in the Blue Grass. He's a well-bred son of Street Cry (IRE) out of a Dubai Millennium (GB) mare (Thousand Islands (GB)).
I'll have more on the Blue Grass, and all of this weekend's stakes action, in the next couple of days.
Below are the entries, post positions and morning line odds for Saturday's Blue Grass Stakes:
|1||Dynamic Sky||J. Rosario||M. Casse||10/1|
|2||My Name Is Michael||S. Bridgmohan||W. Mott||15/1|
|3||Undrafted||C. Nakatani||W. Ward||10/1|
|4||Java's War||J. Leparoux||K. McPeek||4/1|
|5||Palace Malice||G. Gomez||T. Pletcher||8/1|
|6||Channel Isle||J. Rocco||D.W. Lukas||30/1|
|7||Uncaptured||M. Mena||M. Casse||7/2|
|8||Charming Kitten||J. Bravo||T. Pletcher||10/1|
|9||Tesseron||J. Carroll||J. Carroll||50/1|
|10||Footbridge||C. Lanerie||E. Harty||20/1|
|11||Balance the Books||J. Castellano||C. Brown||15/1|
|12||West Hills Giant||J. Espinoza||J. Terranova||20/1|
|13||Rydilluc||E. Prado||G. Contessa||4/1|
|14||Fear the Kitten||R. Napravnik||M. Maker||30/1|
|AE15||Divine Ambition||J. Graham||D. Miller||50/1|