Grace Hall, third behind Royal Delta and All For Three in the Grade 3 Sabin Stakes at Gulfstream Park in mid-February, returns in Friday's Grade 1 Apple Blossom. Joel Rosario, who took the mount on Grace Hall for the first time in the Sabin, keeps the mount at Oaklawn.
Grace Hall's six rivals are a talented bunch, including several graded stakes winners and prior winners at Oaklawn Park. Joining Grace Hall in the Apple Blossom are:
- Tiz Miz Sue: Winner of the G3-Azeri on March 16 at Oaklawn.
- Don't Tell Sophia: Winner of the Pippin and Bayakoa at the current Oaklawn meet, and the runner-up in the Azeri.
- Summer Applause: Winner of the G2-Top Flight on March 2 at the Big A.
- She's All In: Fourth in the Azeri and second in the Bayakoa; won the G3-Sixty Sails at Hawthorne last April.
- On Fire Baby: Will make her first start since running fourth in the Acorn at Belmont last May.
- Bryan's Jewel: Won an allowance race at Oaklawn in mid-March but struggled to a seventh place finishing the last time she faced graded company in the G1-Gazelle in 2011.
Below are the entries and post positions for Friday's Grade 1 Apple Blossom at Oaklawn Park. Morning line odds will be added when released.
|1||Tiz Miz Sue||J. Rocco||S. Hobby||4/1|
|2||Grace Hall||J. Rosario||A. Dutrow||9/5|
|3||Don't Tell Sophia||R. Albarado||P. Sims||9/2|
|4||Summer Applause||R. Maragh||C. Brown||3/1|
|5||She's All In||L. Quinonez||D. Von Hemel||20/1|
|6||On Fire Baby||J. Johnson||G. Hartlage||5/1|
|7||Bryan's Jewel||D. Bell||M. Robertson||20/1|