Some quick notes taken from the October 19th Breeders' Cup press release:
- As mentioned in the post this morning, the Breeders' Cup will announce the pre-entries for all fourteen races next Wednesday morning with a teleconference to follow at 1 pm ET.
- Last year's Japan Dirt Cup winner Espoir City (JPN) arrived at Churchill Downs from Tokyo on Tuesday morning. Espoir City has run only three races total during 2010 and only one race (October 11th) since May.
- It appears Magnier, Smith and Tabor are leading towards the Mile for Rip Van Winkle (IRE), rather than trying the Classic for a second year in a row. His inclusion in the Mile field would add even more talent to what could be an epic edition of that race.
- Delagator (GB) and Beethoven (IRE) are also listed as possible Mile entries, although we've read very little from their connections in recent weeks.
- There has been absolutely no word on Sidney's Candy since he scratched at Oak Tree almost a week and a half ago due to a pending sale. Although there has been no confirmation of this, I'd say it's unlikely we see him at the Breeders' Cup, which is a major disappointment considering how good he looked in his initial try on the turf.
- Toss Sarafina (FR) into the possible mix for the Filly & Mare Turf.
- And finally, in a report from the Daily Racing Form, the connections of Arc winner Workforce (GB) will decide his Breeders' Cup fate following a morning drill this coming Saturday at Newmarket.
- Richard's Kid will skip the Classic and go to Dubai; The Usual Q.T. will bypass the Breeders' Cup for the Cal Cup Mile; United Nations winner Chinchon (IRE) will skip the Turf and point towards Hong Kong.