If you're like me, you spend the couple of weekends before the Breeders' Cup protecting the bankroll in order to have maximum funds available to attack the biggest betting weekend of the year. With not a whole lot of key racing action to follow, here's a bit of a list of things to expect over the next few days and some resources around the web if you are looking for all the Breeders' Cup information you can get.
- I'll continue to update the Potential Entries post below with any news regarding possible Breeders' Cup starters.
- I'll begin posting previews of each division following the release of the pre-entries on Wednesday, where you can have your say on where you think the best betting opportunities will be.
- If you are a Brisnet member, you can access past performances for the potential entries for each Breeders' Cup division at their website. Even though the pre-entries won't be annoucned until Wednesday, it's not a bad way to get a bit of a head start on your handicapping.
- The Daily Racing Form will also offer a Breeders' Cup Advance beginning on Wednesday that will include lifetime past performances for all pre-entered horses. The PPs are also available for Formulator.
- The Thoroughbred Times has an excellent Breeders' Cup section set up this year (probably the best of any website out there) that contains clear and easy links to each division with contenders, prep results and race replays.
- If you are looking for a good, easy-to-access collection of prep race replays, the Breeders' Cup YouTube page has video for almost every key prep race from this summer and fall.