It's been a long and winding road through this year's racing calendar, much of which will culminate this afternoon at Churchill Downs on the second day of the 2011 Breeders' Cup. The first race of the day at Churchill Downs will go to post at 12:05pm Eastern, with the first Breeders' Cup race, the Marathon, slated for 1:20pm. The Marathon will be broadcast on TVG, not ESPN/ABC.
You can find a running tally of all of the weekend's results at the link below:
2011 Breeders' Cup Entries and Results
|3||1:20 / 10:20||TVG||Marathon||Afleet Again|
|4||2:02 / 11:02||ABC||Juvenile Turf||Wrote (IRE)|
|5||2:37 / 11:37||ABC||Sprint||Amazombie|
|6||3:21 / 12:21||ABC||Turf Sprint||Regally Ready|
|7||4:01 / 1:01||ESPN||Dirt Mile||Caleb's Posse|
|8||4:45 / 1:45||ESPN||Turf||St Nicholas Abbey|
|9||5:25 / 2:25||ESPN||Juvenile||Hansen|
|10||6:07 / 3:07||ESPN||Mile||Court Vision|
|11||7:00 / 4:00||ESPN||Classic||
Afleet Again shocks the Marathon as the longest price on the board (41/1).
AU Miner and Meeznah were eased during the race. Meeznah was suffering from fatigue and should be okay. AU Miner suffered fractures in the fetlock joint and is still being assessed.
- The Europeans dominate the Juvenile Turf, finishing 1st, 3rd and 4th. Wrote (IRE) was much the best.
- Big prices continue to roll home today. Amazombie wins the Sprint, finishing off an early $0.50 Pick 5 that returns a fat $71,510.80.
2/1 favorite Jackson Bend rallied for 3rd but didn't threaten the winner.
- A small amount of order is restored as 2/1 choice Regally Ready dominates the Turf Sprint and puts and end (at least temporarily) to the double digit winners on Breeders' Cup Saturday.
- Caleb's Posse unleashed a powerful late kick to run past Shackleford and win the Dirt Mile.
- St Nicholas Abbey powers past Brilliant Speed in the stretch to win the Turf, the second Aidan O'Brien horse to win on Saturday.
- Hansen makes every yard a winning one to take the Juvenile. Union Rags has a troubled trip to finish second.
- Court Vision held off Turallure in a wild Mile to score at boxcar odds. Goldikova (IRE) briefly led in the stretch but couldn't put away her rivals. She finished third.
Here are today's scratches/changes as of 12:40pm Eastern. The main track began the day listed as "Good" but has now been upgraded to "Fast". :
Main Track: Fast
Turf Course: Good (Lane 1, on the hedge)
Marathon: No Changes
Juvenile Turf: Scratch 1-Gung Ho; AE 15-Tequila Factor will run
Sprint: No Changes
Turf Sprint: No Changes
Dirt Mile: No Changes
Turf: No Changes
Juvenile: No Changes
Mile: No Changes
Classic: Scratch 1-Prayer for Relief