The 2011 Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs is just six short days away. Below is a summary of what to expect on the site in the final days leading to this year's Derby:
Tuesday, May 3rd
- Breaking down the prep races: A review of what happened this spring leading up to this year's Derby and an analysis of which prep races appeared to be the strongest.
Wednesday, May 4th
- Live blog of the post position draw (5:00 Eastern / 2:00 Pacific).
- Entries, post positions and morning line re-cap.
- Interview with three-time Kentucky Derby winning jockey Gary Stevens (transcript will be posted Wednesday evening).
Gary Stevens is currently a racing analyst with HRTV, NBC Sports, and TwinSpires.com, the official on-line betting site of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby. It is free, legal and easy to sign-up and get your bet down on the Kentucky Derby. Sign-up today and get a $100 bonus.
Thursday, May 5th
- Kentucky Oaks Preview and Picks: A horse-by-horse look at the 2011 Kentucky Oaks.
- Derby Under card Preview: A in-depth look at each of the stakes races slated to run before Saturday's Kentucky Derby.
Friday, May 6th
- Oaks Day Open Thread and Live Blog (Oaks post time: 5:24 Eastern / 2:24 Pacific)
- Kentucky Derby Preview, Picks and Bets: A horse-by-horse look at the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby, along with selections and wagering ideas.
Saturday, May 7th
- 2011 Kentucky Derby Open Thread and Live Blog (Derby post time: 6:24 Eastern / 3:24 Pacific)
Sunday, May 8th
- 2011 Kentucky Derby Re-cap: A horse-by-horse review of the Derby.