Normandy Invasion, second by a nose to Overanalyze in the G2-Remsen Stakes at Aqueduct on Nov. 24, leads a field of 14 (and one Alternate Entry) in the Grade 2 Risen Star Stakes in New Orleans on Feb. 23. (Post time: 5:57 pm Eastern; TV: HRTV). Trained by Chad Brown and owned by Fox Hill Farms, Normandy Invasion broke his maiden by nine and a quarter lengths in his second career start before coming up a nose short in the Remsen in his last start.
Joining Normandy Invasion in the Risen Star are:
- The D. Wayne Lukas trained Oxbow, winner of the G3-Lecomte Stakes by 11 1/2 lengths back on Jan. 13.
- Doug O'Neill's He's Had Enough, who is cross entered in the Fountain of Youth at Gulfstream Park on the same day. According to Mike Welsh at the Daily Racing Form, the Fountain of Youth is the more likely spot for He's Had Enough.
- Departing, an undefeated son of War Front trained by Al Stall, Jr.
- Lecomte runner-up Golden Soul; he'll have to make up over 11 lengths on Oxbow just to give himself a chance in this spot.
- Code West, a nice looking son of Lemon Drop Kid that appears to be starting to find his stride in his development process. Code West is a full brother to Charitable Man, winner of the G2-Futurity and G2-Peter Pan.
O'Neill said looks like he's coming to FOY over Risen Star with He's Had Enough who is scheduled to ship to Fla. tomorrow. #Gulf— Mike Welsch (@DRFWelsch) February 18, 2013
I'll have a preview of the Risen Star later on this week.
Below are the entries and post positions for the Risen Star Stakes.
Morning line odds will be added when released.
|1||Proud Strike||G. Stevens||S. Asmussen||8/1|
|2||Code West||M. Garcia||B. Baffert||6/1|
|3||Agent||R. Eramia||J. McAnally||30/1|
|4||Golden Soul||M. Mena||D. Stewart||20/1|
|5||Mylute||S. Bridgmohan||T. Amoss||6/1|
|6||Palace Malice||R. Napravnik||T. Pletcher||8/1|
|7||Hardrock Eleven||J. Theriot||D. Banks||50/1|
|8||Ive Struck a Nerve||J. Graham||J. Desormeaux||30/1|
|9||Normandy Invasion||J. Lezcano||C. Brown||5/2|
|10||Oxbow||J. Court||D.W. Lukas||5/1|
|11||Bethel||I. Diego||G. Dorochenko||50/1|
|13||Circle Unbroken||L. Goncalves||G. Simms||20/1|